Thursday 9 April 2015

Review - Bus Pass Holiday by Karenne Griffin

Like many people, I spent a lot of time holidaying in Wales when I was a child and so I was delighted to recognise some of the places Karenne visited on her bus pass holiday. The concept of travelling around for free (although we learn that this is not always possible) is bound to be popular with most people, but I must say I was much happier reading about her adventures than actually going on the trip myself. Buses are not my favourite form of transport, I suppose.

Karenne Griffin is a thoroughly intrepid pensioner, who seems more like a teenager at times. The trip is fun and includes a lot of local detail and wry observations. It's an easy, interesting read and I get the impression there will be more. Where to next, I wonder? 

Just click the link below to read the opening pages.  Happy holidays!



No comments:

Post a Comment